Thursday, October 15, 2009

just having a little fun--

Update: After I designed the header, the pictures below look washed out so I guess it is back to the drawing board.
The Pioneer Woman is having another photography contest. Just go here to enter. BTW, there are prizes with this contest.


The object is to add texture to a picture you already have. So here is what I did.

heart ball canvas
I took the picture above and made it my background in Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite--no, I don't have Photoshop yet. Sure wish I did.


leaves
I laid this picture of the leaves over it and played with the transparency, the color, etc. and also rotated it.


textured,leaves
This is what I got as a result. I just don't know if I like the first one,

textured,leaves
or this one the best. The first one reminds me of a vine growing up a stucco wall and the second one looks more like a landscape to me. It seems to have trees on the horizon and maybe a faint suggestion of water in the mid-ground. So which do you like best? Either email me or leave a comment. Just curious. (Cause I entered both of them in the contest--LOL)