Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dancing for the Glory of God

First of all I need to apologize for the quality of these pictures. They are blurry but not too blurry for me to show them to a few blog friends who really care about me and my grandkids. smile

I know this is not about me BUT....................

My two most favorite things in the world besides spiritual things are ballet and basketball--with archery coming in a close third now that I have a champion archer in the family.  (another big smile)

I dreamed of being a ballerina when I was a little girl but we lived in a tiny town with two stores and about 10 houses, a church, and a school when I was the age to start taking dance.

Story too complicated to explain about why I didn't play basketball.........

Anyway, to visit my out-of-state granddaughters and go to dance class with them is a thrill beyond measure.

Ashton is the oldest and at ten years is a very accomplished ballerina for her age. At least I think so......smile. She is very serious about it, practices hard, does sit-ups and other exercises at home without being reminded--just to make herself stronger for her art.

Photobucket


Ashton running across the dance floor (with Missy Prissy in the background)


Photobucket


to gain the speed she needs...........


Photobucket


to leap into the air--sorry I do not know the names of all of these things--Missy Prissy reminded me that they are French, you know--


Photobucket

Photobucket


Missy Prissy gets into the act--run, jump,


Photobucket


LEAP!!!!!!!!!!


Photobucket


JUMP to the side!


Photobucket


RUN some more, gain speed............


Photobucket


and do one of those Frenchie leaps........


Photobucket


Stretch it out for  EEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTT!

and hope Mimi is looking and snapping!!


Photobucket


Oh, how I wish this picture was crisp and I was at a different angle.  I had no idea she could do a leap like this where her left leg is straight out behind her.


Photobucket

This is one of the moves she has worked so hard on at home--over and over and over!


Photobucket


Photobucket



And these last two pictures of her are my favorites because I think they display the incredible dedication and hard work she has invested to become the best ballerina possible at her age.

It is her desire to use her dancing abilities for the glory of God in the future. If you have never seen or heard of Ballet Magnificat, it is a world-class ballet company dancing for the glory of God. Remember Little Ricky on I Love Lucy--he and his wife are the founders of this group. You can read more about them here.http://www.balletmagnificat.com/ And see this post when they came to my church to perform The Hiding Place.


 


Photobucket

2010-the Year of Longings


Oh, God, thank you for caring about my heart's desires and longings.  You have made some of my life's dreams come true through my children and grandchildren.  And you know, Lord, I would love them and you no matter what but thank you so much for this, one of your many, many blessings to me.  My heart is overwhelmed at your generosity towards me and my loved ones.  How I thank you and give you praise.  And I pray that Ashton and Noelle always use their talents and gifts for Your glory only.


This YouTube video will give you a glimpse of the beauty we saw from Ballet Magnificat.  Be sure to pause the music at the very bottom of this page to get the full effect of this video.  It is worth it, I promise.