Wednesday, October 20, 2010

So Near Yet So Far

Photobucket

I have a good friend in Northwest Arkansas.  In fact, she took these pictures.  In fact, she is such a good friend, she emailed them to me, knowing that I was going to BEG to use them on my blog.


Photobucket

I can call her, Facebook her, email her.  She can describe what it is like all around her.  And I have to admit I am jealous.  She is four hours away and her part of Arkansas looks like this.  I am four hours south and we are all brown and ugly here with just a few isolated spots of color.  But no matter how much I hear and see by all of this technology, she can not impart the real thing to me.  So near yet so far........................

Photobucket


I have another friend.  I don't~~ but I could go days, weeks, months and years without contacting Him and He would still impart all the beauty and joy around Him to me.  Talk about technology--and it would be first~hand, not by satellite, not by radio waves, not by any other means than His very breath bestowing on me all the beauty of His loveliness, His character, His person, His being, His essence.  All that He is is available to me.

Photobucket

"This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.  Jeremiah 33:2,3 the message
A simple pleasure--enjoying God's creation all around us--and as Linda from Being Woven stated in her comment, it is all around us, even if we don't have the beautiful fall colors that some do.  Thank you Lord for the simple pleasure of enjoying all that you so masterfully made.

Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
He longs to show us great and mighty things.
I long for Him to show me things I could never figure out on my own!

I am linking to Simple Pleasures:

Project Simple Pleasures2
Thank you dear friend for the use of the photographs. You always inspire me.