Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lunch With Traci

Photobucket

My simple pleasure this week was receiving a phone call from my precious daughter-in-law, Traci, asking me to have lunch with her that day. What more could I ask for than a wonderful woman to love my son, to bear me three beautiful granddaughters, and love me and my husband to boot. Thank you God, for the simple pleasure of spending this time with her at one of my favorite restaurants--and the weather was perfect so we got to eat outside.

When my sons were small there was a particular chore that I had to do everyday that was NOT my favorite one. To try to redeem this time and to have a better attitude about some of my "have to" tasks, I used this time to pray for my future daughters-in-law. We were living in another state and had never met Traci or heard of her until my son met her in college. However, during their growing up years, her mom worked for my brother at his place of business and I wore a watch on my arm advertising a team that Traci's dad coached and my nephew played for. Small, small world!

Traci is the children's director for a church here in town and does a wonderful job of organizing the spiritual teachings and activities for many children in our area. I humbly thank God for all the lives she is touching through her work.

Simple pleasures are the best.

Dear Father,
How I thank you, Lord, for three daughters-in-law, who love You with all their hearts. You were faithful to hear the heart cry of this needy one, to answer in a way that has made me one of the richest women in the world. Lord, I can never thank you enough for this blessing. My heart's prayer today is that You will draw all of us closer to You, closer to You, Father, closer to You.
Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
He longs to draw us closer to Himself.
I long to be drawn closer.

I am linking today to Simple Pleasures.  You can access it by clicking on the picture below.

Project Simple Pleasures2