Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Behold Your Bridegroom Cometh!





PREPARING TO MEET HER BRIDEGROOM

A couple of years ago, my husband and I took some of our granddaughters to Build-A-Bear. While watching them get such joy out of custom dressing their dolls, memories from the past started flooding my mind. Memories of scant Christmases as far as presents, especially baby dolls, were concerned.

For a few Christmases, bride dolls were the rage during the '50's. Since the only real dreams I ever had consisted of growing up, getting married and having children, I wanted a bride doll more than I have words to express.


Needless to say under our financial conditions, a bride doll was never in the realm of possibility. All of my friends and relatives eventually got one and yes, I had a major pity party for some years over that.

As I was sitting there in Build-A-Bear thinking all these thoughts and how blessed my grandchildren are and don't even realize it, my husband came over and asked me what was on my mind.

I think a few tears began to flow as I related as quickly and briefly as possible what I was thinking. He insisted that I build-a-bear. So the precious little bear above is my bride doll--some 50 years late.


What didn't come late for me though was my precious bridegroom, Jesus. As a little girl, I was introduced to Him and He has fulfilled every dream that I ever had and more.

When asked to teach a Bible study lesson some years ago, I decided to write a lesson on BEHOLD YOUR BRIDEGROOM COMETH!

Remember when you fell in love for the first time. You couldn't spend enough time with that person, you couldn't talk to them enough--and when you weren't with them or talking to them, you were writing love letters. Remember how intently you listened to one another?


Thinking of this and how much importance God places on the written word in the Bible, I asked the ladies to write a love letter to Jesus. We took some time to write these and then we shared what we had written.

At the end of the evening, one of our young ladies donned her wedding gown and came into the room and handed each of us a new name--among them were Mrs. Lion of Judah, Mrs. Ancient of Days, Mrs. Immanuel, Mrs. Jehovah Jireh, Mrs. Bright and Morning Star, Mrs. Jehovah Shalom, Mrs. Alpha and Omega--and on and on the list could go.

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel."Exodus 34:27

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children.

Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.

Deut. 6:4-9

I was also reminded of this scripture in Revelation:

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. Rev. 2:17 NIV

Speaking of bridegrooms and love letters, isn't it interesting that we are promised a white stone and a new name--things you get when you become a bride.

As I ponder the assignment for this Walk With Him Wednesday concerning listening to God, I have to stop and ask myself, "What is written on the tablet of my heart, what is written on my doorframes, what do I talk about when I sit down, when I walk along the road, when I lie down and when I get up? What has been written on the tablet of my heart?

What spirit am I listening to? Am I listening to my bridegroom telling me to build-a-life on Him and His promises or am I listening to the enemy of my soul? I want the tablet of my heart to reflect His mercy, grace, love, and compassion. I want to hear and see Him clearly.




THE VEIL HAS BEEN REMOVED--SHE SEES HIM CLEARLY!

To God be the glory,
Dianne
2010-the Year of Longings

He longs to give us a white stone and a new name.

I am listening with others at:



holy experience


a partial reprint from past files