Monday, July 12, 2010

remembered in a special way

Photobucket

Recently I received a package in the mail. I couldn't imagine what was inside. I hadn't ordered anything from Amazon lately. It wasn't my birthday or mother's day. Upon opening the parcel, I found this lovely book by Eudora Welty, Country Churchyards.

My friend, Marianne, who was a bridesmaid in my wedding but whom I only see three or four times in any given decade, had taken note through my blog of my love of churches, their surroundings and architecture. She had chosen to bless me by remembering me with this most special of gifts.

Photobucket

It is one thing to receive a gift and quite another to receive one that says, "I know you. I keep up with you and the things you like. It matters to me what you think and how you feel and what you love."

To say I felt special and loved at the moment I opened that package doesn't begin to touch the depth of feeling that went out to Marianne from my heart as I tenderly turned each page. It is a gift that keeps on giving--not just the joy of perusing the text and the haunting but beautiful pictures--but the fact that every time I glance at it or pick it up, it reminds me that I am special to her.

She had remembered me.

Photobucket

Did you know there is someone who feels the same about you? Right now He is thinking about you. He cares so much about you that He has your name engraved on the palm of His hand. (Isaiah 49:16)

Think of how many times a day you look at your hand. From early morning til late evening your hand is constantly within your vision--it is never far from your thoughts and is involved in most of your actions.

When He looks at His palm, He sees your name. When we look at His palm, we see "I love you"--written in red.

Have a blessed week knowing that you are remembered in a special way.