Tuesday, July 13, 2010

He Told Me Everything!

Photobucket

Stand here at watering well today, lingering images of moments passed interrupt momentary calm.

It was just another day. Day of sadness, depression and guilt.
How was I to know that day would change my life forever.

Or should I say the man I met would change my life for all time.

Just another daily chore, getting water for daily needs.
Just another life changed, receiving soothing water for eternal thirsts.

Just another noon-time walk to communal well,
Just another Emmaus stroll with cool, evening breeze.

Just another talk with stranger,
Just another Word of abundant life.

Just another salty rivulet of reputation ruined wiped away,
Just another rushing rapid of sweetened joy.

Just another jar of cracked and broken clay,
Just another vessel of broken bread and poured out wine.

He told me everything I'd ever done,
He forgave all,

Just another memory,
I think not--

For a moment soul sags over well in doubled grief,
But only a moment,

Once again I remember--
I am redeemed.
Oh, my soul, be at rest.

Photobucket

Ps 56:8
You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.
NLT


I've read that this Samaritan woman set out in the heat of the day to draw water because noontime was the time she wouldn't run in to as many people. And with her reputation, she wanted to face as few people as possible.

How could she have possibly known that this man who told her everything she had ever done would also give her everything that she would ever need,--eternal, bubbling, living water that would run through the dry, cracked and barren crags of her soul, soothing a lifetime of regrets and sleepless nights, and offer her rest for her soul after years of weariness of mind.

In my searching of the scriptures in preparation for this post, I noticed that in almost every passage of the Bible where rest is mentioned, obedience and trust are linked in an inseparable way.

I have no doubt that this woman, upon returning to her village, obeyed and trusted this stranger who had just turned her world upside down.

Dianne

2010-the Year of Longings

You can read about this woman here.
Photos: Taken at Garvin Gardens, Hot Springs, Arkansas, 2009.

Update: After reading the post, my sweet husband told me that I should add this verse also. So for whomever needs this verse today, here is Psalm 103:12:

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

A partial reprint from the archives.
I am linking to:

holy experience