Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Another Deep Footprint In The Snow



Anonymous

Anonymous
Such is
a way of life--
Such am I.

I am no one
Yet I live
here and now.
I may have
a name
from which society
beckons me
or a number
which captors
thrust upon me
but none justify
that I am
alive.

I am
just another
deep footprint in the snow.

I am
the bottom,
the epitome of'
all loathing
and disgust.
Even love
in this world
is a
luxury
I can't afford.

I am just
a shell,
a shell
that takes up space.
A shell
that is the untouchable
of our
civilization.

I know
there is
hope,
always
there's hope.
But hope
this time
can't get by
these walls.
Pandora's Box
has opened,
but none
shall
close it.

It will
remain
open to the
world
though
at the bottom of
her ark
lies hope.

Dimly lit,
as it might
be
extinquished
with a slight
breeze.

Sure people
can
lock it
away,
or shut
it out
of their hearts,
but it will always be there,
just waiting.
by Andrew


Same

If I could go back home
And sleep
In my own bed,
It would not be the
Same.

If I could play
With my family and friends,
It would not be the
Same.

If I could fall into
My mother's arms of joy,
It would not be the
Same,
No, it would be
Even more joyful.

by Terrance
This is a continuation of the incredible writings my 7th grade students did after studying the Holocaust.
dianne signature