Thursday, August 13, 2009

a new name and a white stone

Photobucket


This is my beautiful niece, Lindsay, who got married in June. Today is her birthday and I want to wish her many blessings on this her special day.

Brides are always beautiful to me and remind me so much of our special relationship with Jesus, our Bridegroom. I think it is very interesting that Jesus said in Revelation 2:17, "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Just as a bride receives a new name and a white stone, to him who overcomes, Jesus will give some of the hidden manna, a white stone with a new name written on it. How glorious! Have you ever wondered what your new name will be. It will be engraved in your white stone. It is so intimate that only he who receives it will know it.

God says in Isaiah 49:16, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Do you suppose that it is our new name that is engraved on His palms? Thought to ponder.

,
I look upon the nailscarred hand


The hand that bore my sin


I see my name written there


engraved from within--

dianne signature