Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wannabe Watchman

I prepare for the night ahead; I sleep long and hard

I arise and prepare; I will be on the ready

I make my way to post; I am willing.

I stand on the wall; I am watchman

I walk on the wall; I am on guard

I peer into the distance: God enhances my vision

I listen for out of ordinary; I am trained in battle

I keep my armor at ready; I am prepared for the enemy's attack

I stealthily creep along; I am discreet

I never take a break; I am faithful

I look for morning's light; I am hopeful.


Are there people in your life who are depending on you to be a watchman for them? Has God given you a "spiritual discernment" about a certain situation or person?

Oswald Chambers says, "When we discern that people are not going on spiritually and allow the discernment to turn to criticism, we block our way to God. God never gives us discernment in order that we may criticize, but that we may intercede."

The words above describe the type of watchman that I desire to be for my friends and family. I wannabe this kind of faithful watchman. God grant that I take the steps to be a true intercessor for those depending on me.

Loving you dear friends,

Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
I long to be faithful to His calling.