Friday, December 3, 2010

A Heart Undivided


For an explanation of the posts this month, please go here.

Day 6

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your Name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, I will glorify Your Name forever." Psalm 86:11,12

Jennifer's prayer: Give my descendants an undivided heart. May they love you with their whole hearts, with their whole minds, with their whole souls. Draw them so strongly to you that nothing else can lay claim to even a corner of their hearts.~~Jennifer K. Dean

My prayer: I pray, Father, that my children and descendants will walk wholeheartedly in Your Way only. I pray that they would turn neither to the right or left but be steered by Your precious Spirit in the Way Everlasting, the Way of Jesus. Yes, I know they will have activities, vocations, hobbies, interests--but I pray that every direction one of these leads them will be toward You. Help them to use all the capabilities, talents and gifts they possess for Your glory and Yours alone.

As a husband and wife are one in You, I pray that each of them will be one with you, O Lord. I pray that they would embrace You as the lover of their souls.

I am thinking today of my first daughter, Jeff's wife--an answer to a mother's heart. Thank you Father.


Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
I long for my children, my descendants to have undivided hearts toward You, O God.

To access Jennifer's website featuring her book, Legacy of Prayer, and prayercards, go here.

Disclaimer:  I do not know Jennifer personally and am receiving no compensation from this endorsement.  

I am linking to Spiritual Sundays, an inspirational place to visit.