Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Preparation for the Journey



Day 30
"'Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people.' For this is what the high and lofty One says--he who lives forever, whose name is holy: 'I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.'" Isaiah 57:14,15

Jennifer's prayer: "Remove the obstacle of pride from the lives of my descendants. Create in them hearts that are meek and receptive to Your Spirit. Revive them according to Your Word."~Jennifer Kennedy Dean

My prayer:  O Father, I agree with Jennifer's prayer and ask you to give me and my descendants hearts that are meek.  Break and remove generational strongholds of pride from the spiritual DNA of my family and my husband's family.  Show us and our descendants what it really means to be contrite and lowly in spirit.

Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
I long for the sin of pride to be removed from my family, from our hearts, our minds, our thoughts, our actions and for us to be filled with the contrition of Jesus.

When I started this journey thirty days ago, I never dreamed what would be at the end of it.  I will share it with you tomorrow.