Monday, December 13, 2010

The Centerpiece

For an explanation of the posts this month, please go here.




Day 14

"Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws." Psalm 119:29-30

Jennifer's prayer:  "Cause my descendants to set their hearts on Your laws and choose Your way. Let deceitfulness of any kind be foreign to them. May Your grace be the centerpiece of their lives."~Jennifer Kennedy Dean

My prayer:  "O Lord, as I was thinking about this verse and what it says about your law and then thinking about Jennifer's prayer and how she prayed that Your grace would be the centerpiece of her descendant's lives, I couldn't help but think back to my wedding day.


I was so young and naive--I knew I wanted to carry Your law (the Bible as the base to my wedding bouquet) but didn't really have a clue as to the magnitude of what that signified.

Now after forty-five years of marriage and many life experiences, I know that if not for Your grace being the centerpiece of our lives, there is no telling where we would be or what we would be doing.

So it is with wholehearted agreement that I can pray with Jennifer--'May Your sweet, sweet faithful, eternal, everlasting, life-saving grace be the centerpiece of the lives of all my descendants."

Father, keep me, and them from all deceitful ways and let us always choose the path of truth."

My heart is with Caroline Dayle today--our uniquely unique third granddaughter.  Thank you for all the ways she has blessed our family.



Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
I long for all my descendants to celebrate the centerpiece of all eternity, all knowledge, all wisdom--the Christ, the babe who was the focal point, the centerpiece of a simple manger scene one starry night so long ago. May the Christ of Christmas dwell richly in our hearts today.

To access Jennifer's website featuring her book, Legacy of Prayer, and prayercards, go here.

Disclaimer:  I do not know Jennifer personally and am receiving no compensation from this endorsement.