Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Where Can I Go and Meet with God?



Day 29

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Psalm 42:1-2

Jennifer's prayer: "Lord, make Yourself irresistible to my descendants, that they will thirst for you."~Jennifer Kennedy Dean

My prayer: "Lord, this has long been one of my very favorite scriptures. I know that You place the thirst within for the things of Yourself and I love thirsting for You. I love the search, the running hard after You and the feeling that comes when my thirst is quenched.

I pray that You will place this thirst in my descendants. I pray that their souls will never be satisfied with anything but You. Teach them how to search and follow hard after You O God, the Living God. Show them where they can meet with You. Show them that the true meeting place is where their desperation and thirst collide with Your light and love."

Let them never forget how empowering Your love and grace are when we encounter them in Your fullness."

Love,
Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
I long for my descendants to thirst after God.

Photo taken at Mount Magazine--the highest point in Arkansas-