Friday, December 17, 2010

Plans of Commitment

For an explanation of the posts this month, please go here.



day 17 



"Commit to the Lord whatever you do; and your plans will succeed." Psalm 16:3

Jennifer's prayer: "Teach my descendants to commit fully their lives to You--taking every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ II Corinthians 10:5--so that their plans will reflect Your will, 'and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand'." Isaiah 53:10 -Jennifer Kennedy Dean

My prayer:  Lord, I realize today that if everything we do is not totally commited to you, our efforts, in the long run, are futile.  I pray that my children, grandchildren and all those descendants who will follow will always commit their ways, their doings, their hearts, their thoughts, their lives, to You.  I pray they will be successful in the eyes of Your Spirit, in the light of eternity, and in ministry to others.

Today I am thanking you for the precious gift of our sixth granddaughter, Noelle, asking you to hold her close to Your heart all the days of her life.




Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
Oh, wow, Lord, the year is winding down--this year of so many longings I have placed before You and before the precious ones who read this blog. I have no longing more deep seated than the request that my descendants commit fully their lives to You. I humbly pray your blessings on them.


To access Jennifer's website featuring her book, Legacy of Prayer, and prayercards, go here.

Disclaimer:  I do not know Jennifer personally and am receiving no compensation from this endorsement.