Saturday, September 9, 2023

Be Still and Know


The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14 

When looking at the photograph above I am reminded that no matter what the action or circumstances around this mountain of rock, it does not move--not even an iota.

Whether the seas are rough or calm, the rock stays the same.

That is my desire as a Christian.  I want my faith to be so rock solid that there is no movement of it when the storms of life come against it or when and if everything is "going my way."

What I must remember though is I can not "muster up" faith.  I need to realize and be grateful that it is a gift from God.  Ephesians 2:8

By obedience to God and His Word, I keep my relationship with Him in the place where my faith continues to grow and rely on Him to do "the work" in me.  Philippians 1:6

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2023

Photo courtesy of Francesco Ungaro at Pexels.com