Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Looking Back


When one is nearing the octogenerian marker, there is a temptation to look in the rearview mirror way too often. 

After all, the great percentage of my life will appear there, not out the front windshield.

However, I do not want the mindset of always being tempted to look at what has already happened.  Sure, there are many great memories but I want to look ahead at what God is still going to accomplish through me and my life. 

I must be at the ready.  Always primed to respond to the call, to do what I am equipped to do--not what I was prepared to do ten years ago but to work with what I have today.  Time changes things.  Am I ready to deal with the changes?

"Be ready when opportunity presents itself"--just NOW heard that on TV while I was writing this post.  How crazy!



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2023. Photograph courtesy of Pixels.com