Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Stuffed With Wonder


"Am I getting nobler, better, more helpful, more humble, as I get older? Am I exhibiting the life that men take knowledge of as having been with Jesus, or am I getting more self-assertive, more deliberately determined to have my own way? It is a great thing to tell yourself the truth."

The above paragraph is a quote from the wisdom of Oswald Chambers.  Besides the Bible, his writings and wisdom have impacted my life and my thinking more than anyone else.

As I am entering my 80th year of living, I want to grow more like the good things in that quote.

I received a great little book for my birthday entitled Finding Muchness.  As far as I know it is a secular book but its message comes straight from the Bible I think.

A quote from that little books says:  "Live bravely, care deeply, share freely.  Get the most out of each shining moment.  Fill your life with love and stuff your days with wonder."

So. today I am praying that you stuff it with wonder--me too--the kind of wonder that glorifies God and helps us to see all the heavenly wonders He has prepared for us.

Have a wonderful day!


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2023