Thursday, September 7, 2023

The Cut


The knife must have been sharper than I thought. Was I handling it more recklessly than I realized?  It has taken more than the normal allotted time to heal and there is a big bump under the skin that limits movement of the knuckle where I cut it.

Why?  It was a very deep cut.  Maybe I should have let it bleed more to get rid of any bacteria that might have been on the knife.

Have you been wounded recently?  How are you feeling?  Have you been able to let God take the hurt and bear it for you?  Or did the hurt plant deep feelings of rejection, distrust, lack of faith?  The list could be long here but you have to identify what has happened in your life.

Anything that is not of faith is sin--we know that from scripture--Romans 14:23

How do we manage this?  What do we do when those same old feelings that we know are NOT from God keep popping up in our thoughts and tempting us to go through a door that we should not enter.

I am praying that you choose faith today. I'm praying that I choose faith today.   It may not be easy but it will be more than worth it.



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2023 photograph from pexels.com