Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Taught By The Lord

For an explanation of the posts this month, please go here.


Day 4
"All your sons will be taught by the Lord and great will be your children's peace." Isaiah 54:13
Jennifer's prayer: "Lord, I pray that You Yourself will be the teacher of my descendants. Lead them into all truth (John 16:13), teaching them truth and wisdom in the inner parts (Psalm 51:6)."~~Jennifer Kennedy Dean

My prayer:  Lord, as a former teacher, this verse really speaks to me.  How many times my thoughts turned to my students over the course of twenty two years--How are they?  Are they getting enough rest?  Proper nutrition?  How are things in their family and personal lives?  How can I best teach this student with all his/her individual characteristics, styles of learning, personality traits, etc.?  What can I do to make learning more fun, more enjoyable, happier, more peaceful, --and oh how it hurt me when I had to correct them and discipline and be stern with them--

You promised that all my sons will be taught by you.  I am depending on that, Lord because You are the great teacher and You know exactly what each of them needs to learn and how best they will learn it.  All the worrying, sleepless nights, "what if" thoughts will not add a single hour to their lives or peace to their hearts, but You can, Father, can add years to their lives and life to their living.

I ask You, Father, to show them how to access Your Peace--what the world craves and reaches out desperately for but many times does not recognize and walks past.  I pray that our family will recognize and access the Peace that You have provided for the world.

Thank You for this season of the year when Peace's light seems to shine a little brighter.

I am thinking today of my second born.



Blessings and great peace,
Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings

I long for my children to be taught by the Lord and for them to have great peace.

To access Jennifer's website featuring her book, Legacy of Prayer, and prayercards, go here.

Disclaimer:  I do not know Jennifer personally and am receiving no compensation from this endorsement.